An easier-to-make version of an old family favorite comfort food. Perfect for cool days when everyone’s busy – just put everything in a slow cooker and let it do the work.
Easy Slow Cooker Brunswick Stew
An easier-to-make version of an old family favorite comfort food. Perfect for cool days when everyone's busy - just put everything in a slow cooker and let it do the work.
Combine all ingredients in a large (6-7 quart) slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours.
Serving Size 1 1/2 cups
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 286kcal
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 7g11%
- Saturated Fat 2g10%
- Cholesterol 63mg21%
- Sodium 580mg25%
- Potassium 218mg7%
- Total Carbohydrate 33g11%
- Dietary Fiber 4g16%
- Sugars 18g
- Protein 24g48%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- The canned items are what make this recipe “easy.” If you wish, you can always substitute freshly prepared ingredients.
- The stew may have a weaker or stronger barbecue flavor depending on whether the beef and pork are obtained “dry” or in sauce. If an even stronger flavor is desired, replace the ketchup with your favorite barbecue sauce.
- If stew gets too thick while cooking, stir in 1/2 cup of hot water at a time until desired consistency is reached.