Looking for something to make for game day (or night)? Or maybe some snacks or finger-foods for a party? Sliders are easy to make and always a hit with any crowd.
These sliders take things to a new level. Instead of the typical sliders that look like miniature hamburgers or ham sandwiches, these are filled with the tastes of Chicken Parmesan – chicken breast, marinara sauce, and gooey cheese. Give them a try for your next get-together.
Adapted from Taste of Home
(Note: There were discrepancies in the recipe as published at the source. I have corrected for these in this version and notified the author. Whether they make similar corrections is up to them.)
Chicken Parmesan Sliders
A different twist on the traditional slider.
Adapted from Taste of Home
Preheat oven to 375 F. Prepare chicken per package directions and set aside.
Keeping the rolls intact, slice horizontally in half and set the top half aside. Place the bottom half in a baking pan lined with parchment paper or lightly greased with nonstick cooking spray. Layer half of the cheese slices evenly over the bottom half, then place the pan in the oven for 3-5 minutes to melt the cheese. Remove from oven.
Spoon half of the marinara sauce on the melted cheese and spread evenly. Arrange the chicken tenders on top of the marinara. Spoon the other half of the marinara sauce over the chicken, then top with the remaining cheese. Replace the top half of the rolls over the cheese.
In a small bowl combine melted butter, garlic powder, and pepper flakes and mix well, Pour mixture over rolls and spread evenly. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of rolls.
Bake for 10 minutes to warm the marinara and toast the tops of the rolls. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before cutting apart and serving. Garnish with minced basil if desired.
Serving Size 1 slider
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 349kcal
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 19g30%
- Saturated Fat 3g15%
- Cholesterol 62mg21%
- Sodium 650mg28%
- Potassium 120mg4%
- Total Carbohydrate 28g10%
- Dietary Fiber 1g4%
- Sugars 9g
- Protein 15g30%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- The original version of this recipe had several discrepancies which have been adjusted here including the amount of chicken, the amount of marinara sauce, and the cooking time.
- It takes approximately 6 chicken tenders to cover a 12-ounce package of sweet rolls; adjust this amount up or down depending on the size of the tenders.
- When preparing the chicken, always cook it completely as if it were being served as a standalone item (in the original version it was assumed the chicken was precooked, but that may not always be available).