Combine blackened chicken with angel hair pasta and a creamy sauce including Caesar dressing and Parmesan cheese, and you have a tasty meal that’s prepared using one skillet and ready in minutes.
Adapted from The Cozy Cook
Chicken Caesar Pasta
Combine blackened chicken with angel hair pasta and a creamy sauce including Caesar dressing and Parmesan cheese, and you have a tasty meal that's prepared using one skillet and ready in minutes.
Adapted from The Cozy Cook
Carefully slice each chicken breast into two thin pieces of equal thickness. Season each side with lemon pepper.
Place chicken in a plastic bag with a zipper closure. Add 3/4 cup of Caesar dressing to the bag, then zip closed and knead the contents to evenly coat the chicken. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
While the chicken is marinating, whisk together milk and remaining dressing in a bowl. Allow to come to room temperature. Measure out Parmesan cheese into another bowl and also allow to come to room temperature.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the bag and place in the skillet, discarding any remaining marinade. Sear the chicken 4-5 minutes per side, then remove from the skillet to a plate and set aside to cool slightly.
Reduce heat to medium. Add the garlic and cook for one minute. Slowly stir in the chicken broth, scraping up any brown bits off the bottom of the skillet. Add the milk mixture and gradually bring to a boil.
Slice the chicken into strips, and return any juices collected on the plate to the skillet.
Add the pasta to the skillet, using tongs to bend and stir the noodles as they soften. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring often to prevent noodles from sticking.
Reduce heat to low. Add the capers, then slowly stir in the Parmesan cheese. Return the chicken to the skillet and add the lemon juice, and stir to combine.
Serve with fresh ground pepper and garnish with parsley if desired.
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 669
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 51g79%
- Saturated Fat 11g56%
- Cholesterol 98mg33%
- Sodium 1431mg60%
- Potassium 273mg8%
- Total Carbohydrate 42g15%
- Dietary Fiber 1g4%
- Sugars 7g
- Protein 33g66%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- The original version of this recipe uses 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth, but the pasta came out stickier than desired. This version increases the amount slightly to reduce the stickiness.
- Do not use thicker pasta; doing so will require much more liquid and longer cooking times.
- 2 cups of leftover cooked chicken can be used in place of cooking it from scratch. Prepare the sauce and pasta, and then add the chicken.